Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Oh, my tummy is happy

I slept for about three hours then got up and grazed some more of the Thanksgiving meal and now I'm listening to the local news. It was nice to have home-cooked food. It really does make a difference, especially if you're not a cook yourself, and you're basically microwaving everything. I was brave enough to heat (and lucky enough not to burn myself) something in the oven once, but I have some macaroni and cheese to make on the stove and the whole dumping boiling water is a little beyond me while I'm gimpy. So I've just been putting things in the microwave. I'm also looking forward to the kugel YKWIA promised to make when I'm finally able to come over to his house. :)

The Black Friday and pre-Black Friday stuff is insane. It's on the news right now. Even White Castle is offering 'Black Friday swag'--clothing and the like. How bizarre.

I'll probably do all my shopping online this year. I've already found a couple of gifts I like, one for YKWIA and one for my mom. I'll have to think about the other people. But I have a small circle of people I get gifts for, so I should be able to take care of it. But I do have two holidays to shop for (Chanukah and Christmas) and one to celebrate (Yule). :)

Bill Meck of channel 18 just started to talk about Black Friday weather, and said something about people's Black shopping needs. I'm so glad I don't do live news and weather. :) We've got a cold front coming through, plus rain early. So those shoppers may get a bit damp and cold. I just do not understand the furor over trying to get bargains on one day of the year. But then, I hate crowds, and try not to go near Fayette Mall or Hamburg (a huge shopping district I like to call the world's biggest strip mall, because it's terribly laid out, bad for paedestrians, and not great for drivers either. One year I went the day before Christmas to do my shopping and it was like taking my life into my own hands. There is a reason so many people shop online these days.

No comments: