Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, November 22, 2012

I'm going to turn in

Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I managed to do some more with the notes (although I'm stopping right at the climax, which is unfortunate, but I'm tired). The game is definitely unique. We're at the point that the two of us are having our organs telekinetically crushed by a comrade who has been taken over by an evil bug thing and who, as a necromancer, is killing an animating students at a frat house party. In desperation, the only thing I could do is set him on fire, which broke his concentration and saved us. Beware the pyrokinetic when push comes to shove and you're busy monologuing. I can't remember much of what happened after that. I think it involved the bug thing going out of him, using a magical netgun to trap it, and then blasting it with the Elder Sign. Then there was putting out the fire, putting the comrade, who was barely alive, in stasis, packing all of our friends (almost all of whom, at this point, were in stasis) into a van, and hightailing it out of there. Ah, scenic Kingsport. You have to love it. Welcome to our brand of Call of Cthulhu. That has to be the most stunning ending to an adventure in awhile. Most of the rest of the game was healing up those hurt.

Hey, some people garden. Some play paintpall. Some sit in front of a gaming console and call it roleplaying. We are old-school gamers and have been playing the same game for 21 years. It's our fun, our release, our social interaction. And I miss it terribly. It's been almost seven weeks we've missed because of my accident. Here's hoping to resuming it soon. But I have to get the notes finished by then. I have a little time, but I want to go ahead and get them done. Besides, it keeps me up during the day and active.

Have a good night. Don't go crazy on Black Friday. Remember, that mp3 player isn't worth getting hurt over.

No comments: