Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

On this Thanksgiving Day, I would like to take the opportunity to thank all those people who have helped me since my accident.

There are so many at work, in the medical field, and in my daily life who have really helped make a difficult time better. Rhoda let me borrow the walker. My boss has checked on me frequently. My officemate Jill has brought me small gifts and things from my desk work, and kept my plants alive. Three of my co-workers are doing my laundry, trading off. A whole slew gave me gave me food and cards. I've spoken and e-mailed with many co-workers giving me well-wishes and checking up on me.

Thank you to the folks who treated me both in the initial emergency and the later stuff, too. I'm lucky to have good, caring people who are taking care of me.

To YKWIA, who has me watching Big Bang Theory clips he finds on YouTube and then gives me over the phone to look up to cheer me up and keep me entertained, and who bought me baby wipes, dry shampoo, and something to counteract the effects of the pain medicine, and who helped get me over a stair in a wheelchair on a particularly difficult day. Getting a nearly 300 lb woman over a step in a wheelchair that weighs 45 lbs is no easy task. To A who calls regularly. And thanks to Brenda Evans and Brandon Sharp, who have rearranged their schedules and literally pulled me up the stairs to get me to my appointments. Brenda particularly is getting to be an expert at handling a fold-up wheelchair. And thanks as well to Brandon's three-year-old son, Ben, who has patiently gone to those visits without much complaint. I'm going to be the old auntie that you get dragged to doctor's appointments to. Oh, wait, I am already. :) Your momma and daddy raised you well.

No comments: