Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

I went back to sleep for an hour and a half and it did wonders

And no more nightmares, thankfully. I was able to actually get fairly comfortable, and I could have stayed in bed longer, but it was better to go ahead and come out here, as I want a chance of sleeping tonight. So I've gotten up, eaten my salad, packet of string cheese, and orange juice, and I've done my exercises. My thigh does not like me at the moment, but I think it's getting with the programme.

I may not be doing Thanksgiving, and I'm not sure how much I'll be able to do before Chanukah/Yule/Christmas (the first of which is just a couple of weeks away!), but I did get a Christmas cactus to bring out a little cheer in the house. Granted it's one more plant to try to keep alive right now (I've lost my rosemary, but they're touchy anyway), but it seemed better to spend $3.99 on that than $20 on a small Yule tree I can't really decorate right now. Besides, the Norfolk Virginia pines always have glitter sprayed on them these days, and I kill them every year. I blame the glitter. The sun is starting to kiss the plants in the double window right now, and the cactus' red buds are quite bright.

I'm glad I had Jill, my officemate, bring me my fan from my desk. It plugs into the computer and blows a fair amount of air around. The air conditioning is off (I just couldn't get used to running it) and it's 64 degrees outside, and beautiful. The fan takes some of the stuffiness out of things. I wish I could open the windows, but I'm just not physically able to do that right now, and even if someone opened them for me, I can't close them either, and I'd have to by nightfall.

Okay, someone is coming over in about an hour. I think I'll try to read a bit, since the light's so nice in the living area right now.

No comments: