Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, June 01, 2017

Sorry I've been so sporadic lately

On Tuesday someone called in, and instead of working till 1 pm and going to pulmonary rehab, I cancelled my appointment and stayed till 5:30 pm. I wound up eating out of vending machines because I didn't bring my lunch. But by the time I got home at 8, after getting A and taking him home, I could barely drive, I was so tired. We had an extremely busy day, and were three people short. It is amazing to me how tired I get, even though it's not physically hard, but it's intense mental juggling, not only when you're trying to check someone out, but with all the follow up with so many people there is. So I was in bed Tuesday by 8:30 and slept and slept till it was time to do it all over again. I got up a little early this morning and took A to work and grabbed a few things at Kroger so I'd have breakfast and lunch today.

It was still busy today, but a steady busy where you're not pulled in too many directions at once. I had a headache again, but not as bad as Tuesday, when I felt my brains are about to leak out of my head. Things quieted down by 4 pm and I was able to catch up on phone calls and emails. After work I took A briefly somewhere and did a grocery run for a friend who hadn't slept for two days. Then I came home, ate, and slept from 8:30 pm to 1:30 am. I took my meds and now I'm heading back to bed, trying to get up a little early to deal with the trash and the recyclables, which are threatening to overtake things in my little apartment.

Okay, I'm going to sign off. Have a good night!

No comments: