Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, June 07, 2017

Tuesday afternoon

was my last day at pulmonary rehabilitation. I did pretty well, and I finally got to the top of the inspiratory resistance inhaler in terms of difficulty. It was four sessions early, but they felt pretty good about my progress. They took a selfie with me and gave me sheets with goals on them and a nice t-shirt as well.

Afterwards, I went downtown to the revenue office and applied and paid for my business licence. So now I am duly licensed and in compliance with local ordinances while doing this contract work. My boss is going to see if they can reimburse me for the unexpected expense.

A was downtown, too, getting ready to take the bus home, so I gave him a ride. I took something over to another friend's house for him, and I took that friend to the library, where they were having movie night (Metropolis). I stayed at the library working on the game notes, as I'd brought my laptop with me. I got home about 9 pm and then relaxed until about midnight, trying to keep awake longer than I have been, with success, although I'd woken up tired yesterday, and I lingered in bed a little too much this morning, as I got to work with only five minutes to spare after taking the shuttle in. On the other hand, I couldn't believe my eyes when I got the very first space as you come into the parking lot. It was a little weird that it was free. But, still, it made it easier to find the car when I left for an appointment. I walked this afternoon, afraid I'd missed the shuttle and in a hurry. Three shuttles passed me on the way, so I needn't have worried about that issue. I knew that fewer shuttles run during off-peak times, so I walked. But it was good exercise. Later I took a friend to get something, then we ate at Captain D's (I had my usual grilled wild salmon salad, but added fried green tomatoes this time to my order). After that, I went out to Costco to get some 100-watt-equivalent LED light bulbs for him. I also picked up some Edward Marc Chocolatier Coconut Almonds with Dark Chocolate, which I love, and he pointed out that perhaps because I didn't get 'goodies' much growing up, I tend to get something for myself whenever he gets something. It's a valid point. Then we went to Kroger to pick up a partial prescription for A, who had his ADHD medicine stolen out of his locker at work the other day and who had filed a police report, which was needed before they could replace it. He really needs it and was feeling awful. So after that, we went and dropped it off to him. Then I took my friend home and came home myself. Now I'm listening to Pandora and trying to get caught up on my blogging. I'm using a tool developed by Grammarly that examines your typing/writing not only for spelling errors (and I was able to set it to British English since I use that in my personal writing) but also grammatical ones as well. It's free at https://app.grammarly.com/. It works really well at alerting me to errors which I normally only catch after hitting 'publish' and proofreading on the page. Yay!

Okay, I think that's enough for now. I'm going to go eat the puffy pierogis I just baked. Maybe I'll write a little later.

No comments: