Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, June 19, 2017

I

came out from visiting a friend and was about to take him to the grocery only to find my rear driver's side tyre had picked up a screw and had gone flat. I waited 2 hours for roadside assistance to come change it (I can change a tyre, but it takes me about an hour and I do better with a cross-shaped lug wrench, which I didn't have). Thank goodness I wasn't actually out on the highway; I was safe in a driveway. Then it turned out that the 16-year-old doughnut tyre was almost flat. We carefully proceeded up the road to Thornton's to use their air machine, as I apparently neglected to put my compressor into this car. It was so flat my brake and anti-lock brake lights came on before I put the air in. Then we went to the grocery, I dropped him off, and came carefully home. We started the whole process at 7:30 pm and I got home at 11:30 or so. Whew! Who knew going to the grocery to get dog food could be such an adventure? My road warranty is over (the tyre is 4 1/2 years old, and the warranty was for three). Anyone know what I should have to pay to plug a small hole or where the best place to go should be? Thanks!

No comments: