Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, April 23, 2016

I got a lovely card today

in the post that announces my cousin's graduation next month. Mind you, her father, my youngest first cousin, is the first baby that I held that I remember clearly, when I was 8 or 9, and I remember he screamed his head off because I had no idea what I was doing, being an only child. I think I held that against him much of my childhood, although of course, he's a great guy and I love him anyway.) I was very happy to hear about the occasion, she's beautiful and vivacious, and heading forward to college and a (hopefully) wonderful new stage of life, but after I took it in I was like, gee, where did the years go? I remember when he was graduating from high school like it was yesterday. When did we all get so old??? Anyway, congratulations to her, and here's to a great new life at Clemson!

No comments: