Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, April 22, 2016

Random things

    Yesterday I:
  1. Went to the sleep centre and as he was writing a prescription for a lowering of pressure on my CPAP and a nifty new kind of masque that has the tubing on the top, I discovered that I have, in actuality, been wearing my CPAP masque UPSIDE DOWN for years. All I can say, is you can demonstrate something to someone once, but if they have ADD, good luck on them repeating correctly. The funny thing is that a) it's remarkable I did as well doing so, as I maintain a decent pressure over 90% of the time according to the report, and b) while technically more comfortable (the plastic thingy that looks like a corrugated tie goes on top, not on the back, where it was a little painful if I were on the my back), will be a little hard to get used to.
  2. Took a long purifying bath with lavender oil in the water, lavender incense going, and a lavender candle burning. It's hard to get up and down in the tub these days, but I managed. If I every owned a house, I would so install one of those walk-in tubs. I love baths. Showers feel cleaner, but baths are so much more relaxing.
    Today I:
  1. Wore purple, because well, Prince, and because I love purple and the clothes were comfy for casual day.
  2. Had a bone density scan and mammogramme. I still have markers on my skin tags that I need to pull off. Holly, the tech at the St. Joseph Breast Centre, was stupendous, making sure everything was positioned just right so we didn't have to repeat anything and doing the angled shots in two sets to get good images without crushing my boobies too badly. Plus, their gowns for big girls swallow me up, and I'm a very big girl.
  3. Carried deodorant around in my backpack all day because you can't wear deodorant while having a mammogram, so I brought it to put on afterwards.
  4. Saw a bald eagle flying above Chinoe Road while at a stoplight, with the distinctive white head and brown body. I've never seen one in person.
Happy Earth Day!

No comments: