Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, April 30, 2016

That took way too long to recover

I fell asleep while propping my ankle up, and slept for about an hour and a half. It was good rest, mind you, but not what I planned for my day. I got up at 11:30 am, took a shower, and headed over to Kroger for some soda so I could get some caffeine in my system. I know, coffee would be better, and I actually have some coffee and those little Land O'the Lakes Mini-Moos, but I only imbibe coffee occasionally, to be honest. I'm just not into it.

I managed to find a parking spot that may have been a 10-minute spot (it wasn't marked as such, but there were several in that lane that were, so they may have meant it to be). I just ran in, got three items, and was out in probably 6-8 minutes, so it was okay. Driving back actually took longer, since I went the back way to avoid the traffic and got caught just as a light turned red.

I'm eating lunch at the computer, which I probably shouldn't do, as I'm still finding an occasional ant on the computer desk (or even me). But I'm being careful of not getting anything into the laptop keyboard. When I go back to the store with A, I need to make a list, including snacks for tomorrow's game and ant bait, because they're just not going away. Don't get me wrong, I like ants and insects, but not when they're invading my home and food. There's a whole line of them along the window sill right now.

I'm not sure when we're going to the store. They were going to spend some time together and do errands out on the bus (which is good, but it's raining, so they probably are getting wet). The rain is still making me sleepy, and I've feeling a little overwhelmed by the house. Maybe I need to break down what needs to be done on a pad of paper and go from there. And I need to remind myself that it doesn't all have to be done today. I can spend some time reading or listening to music or watching DVDs and that's fine, too.

No comments: