Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

I'm hot

So I didn't get my nap till about 7 pm,  which was okay,  as I was talking with various friends on the phone.  I slept till a little before 9 pm,  had some Greek yoghurt and blackberries,  and then commenced excavation of the dining area.  I filled a single copy paper box with various things to keep,  had a small pile of important things to go elsewhere (like my will),  and then a huge amount went into the recycling box,  which is mostly full now. My back hurts a bit from all the bending,  but I have a sense of accomplishment.  I'm also hot from the activity,  even though the heat was off and the windows up.  Now I've turned the radio off,  gotten into a sleep shirt,  and I'm stretched out in bed in front of the fan.

If only all problems could be solved by sorting them into boxes of what to keep and what to let go....

No comments: