Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, October 06, 2014

Funny

but a few days ago I was thinking of watching the cult classic 'Twin Peaks' (now nearly 25 years old, eek!) a show that while I was around and in my 20s at the time, I didn't actually ever see. In fact, I don't know who killed Laura Palmer (please don't tell me; I think it's on Netflix), although it was a burning question at the time for many. I missed the first few episodes (I was in the last days of my relationship with my ex-husband, and was way too stressed to get very involved with TV at the time), so even though I was a bit interested, I never saw it.

Now I see this: Cult favorite 'Twin Peaks' to return as Showtime event

I particularly like this part, which restores my faith in Hollywood:
New episodes will be set in present day and provide closure to the loose threads that set up a third season that didn't happen. (A 1992 movie, Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me was a prequel, and didn't provide any.) "It's not a reboot, it's not a remake; it's a continuation, and we plan to get to the bottom of almost everything we put on the table," Frost says.

No comments: