Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, January 09, 2014

It is very late

but I thought I'd take a few minutes to catch up with my blogging. Yesterday I had my first appointment at Aspen Dental here in Lexington, and I was quite impressed. They were very professional and seemed to really be on top of things. I hadn't been to the dentist for awhile, and things were not all that good. But we came up with a plan which will be less expensive and better for me in the long run. It does mean I'll have some oral surgery next month, as well as two crowns put on and partial dentures top and bottom. I guess my years of diet soda drinking have contributed to the problem. But even as a child I had trouble with my teeth no matter what I did to make things work okay. So in a way, I'm surprised I've gotten this far without complete dentures. Fortunately changing to the dental maintenance organisation, which is cheaper but has fewer in-network dentists, was a good move, because it has a richer range of benefits and will pay more than my old PPO plan (same insurance, just different types of plans). For the remainder we financed the dental work with one of those credit cards that work only for medical, dental, vision, and veterinary expenses. However, once I pay this off, I'll have it to use in case I need it, which is good with my insurance future in doubt once the hospital moves and I no longer have a library job.

Tonight I:
  1. Picked up a friend from work
  2. Helped make a lovely meal of black-eyed pea soup, mushroom and egg cooked in ramekins with a water bath, and a great salad of spinach, toasted walnuts, oranges, onion, and cucumber
  3. Ate said meal
  4. Watched 'American Horror Story: Coven', which only gets better as it goes along, and this had Stevie Nicks on it
  5. Got paid (Yay!)
  6. Got some things from the store for a friend and myself
  7. Came home and will crash soon
Tomorrow I need to:
  1. Take some library books and a CD to the library
  2. Pick up some books on hold there
  3. Get gas--my light is on
  4. Shelve new journals
  5. Request payment for several invoices that come due at the beginning of the year at work
  6. Do the regular things at work
  7. Watch 'The Big Bang Theory'
  8. Work on a couple of book reviews
  9. Work on the game notes
Okay, I can barely hold my eyes open. Good night!

No comments: