Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, January 17, 2014

Fiddling with my phone

When I first got my Samsung Galaxy S3, I bought a full-body protector, a film that when applied protects it from scratches, front and back. I always have it in some sort of case as well, either one that has a front flap to protect it or not. Since not every one has a complete cover, the film helps protect the screen. The nice thing about the film is even though it was pricey (although I think I got it in a buy two items, such as a cover and charger, get one free), it also has a lifetime warranty. So it's been almost a year and the front film was starting to get a little dingy and peeling around the edges. I requested a new one, paid the $3.99 shipping, and returned the old one in an envelope they provided. So, a new film. It's called Invisible Shield and is made by Zagg. I highly recommend paying a little extra and getting this. It was fairly easy to apply (I didn't do quite as well as the T-Mobile associate who waited on me and put the original one on for me, but I did pretty well.) There was one cover that didn't work well with the original, but I apparently placed the new one so the case, which has two layers, a shock absorbing foam and then a hard shell, both protecting the back and sides, isn't rubbing against the film and trying to lift it. Yay!

I debated on putting the replacement on because I am seriously thinking of upgrading to a Samsung Galaxy S5 when it comes out, rumoured to be in April. I'll have my S3 paid off by then and can trade it in towards the new one. I really like this line of phones. We'll see. There's nothing wrong with my phone, and I get plenty of use out of it. But I am a gadget girl, and I like new toys. On the other hand, if I don't get a new one, that's $20 off my bill.

Okay, 'Grimm' is tonight, but I want to spend a little time relaxing before I go over to my friends' house. If I don't write any more tonight, have a good evening.

No comments: