Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, December 03, 2011

In the holiday spirit

Nearly every year for the past fifteen or more, I have gotten a Norfolk Virginia pine tree in a pot for Yule. For about six of those years, I had a single tree that lived for quite some time and then eventually died. Unfortunately, lately they've been spraying glitter on the trees, which make them sparkle, but they're dead by January.

So I wanted something different this year, and today I got a small rosemary bush that has been trimmed in pine-tree shape and decorated it with these little tiny decorations I had, a small string of lights, and some icicle garland. What do you think?


I took the bigger ornaments that have some sentimental value and placed them in among the other plants. I have a pair of flickering battery-operated candles in the living room window, and another in the bedroom one. The moose is one of a pair in skating outfits that I got a book fair years ago. (The male has a sign that says Chris-Moose, which I found hilarious at the time even though it's not quite Yule-oriented as much as a certain Other Winter Holiday). But, hey...

I strung some bells in the entryway as well. Wish I had a wreath for the door like we got last year at work. That was lovely, and the whole hallway smelled so nice.

Okay, I have some stuff to do that isn't holiday related before I head to bed, but I wanted to post about that. Have a good night, if I don't write more.

No comments: