Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, December 31, 2011

I love that you can plug all sorts of things into Google, or Amazon, and

and you'll find what you're looking for, given Amazon's breadth of selection and their partnership with other sellers. For instance, I have a lamp that has distilled water in it that shoots bubbles which whirl around coloured marbles when on and light is projected through a colour wheel to produce a variety of effects. I love that lamp, tacky though it may be. But the light bulb went out on it. I didn't realise I could change it until I looked under the little pads and there were screws to undo the bottom. So I emptied out the lamp, unscrewed the bottom, and discovered an apparatus with a 5 watt, 12 volt halogen light bulb; not the type you can simply pick up at the grocery. So I put the specifications into Google, and it pulled up Amazon, and I was able to order it. It's one of those items I actually pay more in shipping the price of the item, but worth a couple of dollars to prevent me having to hunt it down, especially since I don't have a car. I measured it and all the measurements are the same. We'll see if it works. Since I was doing that, I went ahead and ordered some more screen protectors for my phone, which came with free shipping, so the shipping thing kind of evened out. :) Wish me luck.

No comments: