Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, December 16, 2011

I had two of the best meals I'd had in awhile yesterday

The type that make you feel warm an relaxed and pleasantly happy. For our department meeting (I'm still not used to being part of a department!), our boss sprang for Texas Roadhouse. I had grilled salmon, a baked potato, and a house salad, and it was excellent. After work, I went to my friends' house and we had a lovely root vegetable, cabbage, and bean soup, potatoes, some veggie sausages, and a bleu cheese, apple, and spinach salad. Considering Wednesday's evening meal was steel cut oatmeal, yesterday was pure heaven. My friend is an excellent cook, and tends to cook recipes that are French country from books by Victor-Antoine d'Avila-Latourette, a monk. I have enjoyed almost everything that has come from those books.

Anyway, I didn't get home till midnight last night, so I took some Celestial Seasonings Sleepytime tea and just went on to bed.

Today we're having our holiday meal at work, and they're serving some main course the pescetarian can eat (I've hear alternatively fish or shrimp.) Many people bring desserts. I will have to be judicious and try maybe one or two small pieces at most. But it should be fun. I'm wearing a snowflake mock turtleneck that is the closest thing to holiday wear I have.

Okay, time to go to work. Have a great day!

No comments: