Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Last night

I had two vivid dreams I kept coming back to, both of which involved complex plots within plots. One was science fiction, where a man uncovered (with guidance from a young girl) of a conspiracy to eradicate Jews on a ship that in itself was alive. In that timeline, there had never been a Hitler or Holocaust. But this was being done more Mafia-style, and there were mysterious disappearances. The dream was from the perspective of the man, therefore I experienced things from his point of view.

The other involved a mediaeval institution where Christians, Jews, and Muslims had different statuses but that was changing. The elite were opposed to a change in the status quo, except for the king, who was carefully managing small changes to bring about equality. In fact, a Jewish teenager (who looked like YKWIA) was knighted there in front of the elite, to their consternation. That was experience more like watching the tableau. Indeed, at times the dream shifted and a young woman was watching this like some sort of art film. She was being sought by other people for her magical gifts, which she'd carefully concealed but the others had uncovered. They wanted to help her, but she was running away from them, for magic was not accepted outside a few small groups. I did experience the dream from her perspective.

I don't know where these came from. There's a lot of sense of persecution. I would say it's been spurred by some of the events recently in the Middle East, but although I am very pro-Jewish, I believe the actions of Israel are wrong in dealing with the Palestinians, so I'm not quite pro-Israel.

Now I'm awake and we're having a storm. I feel groggy and want to sleep some more, but its time to get ready for work.

No comments: