Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, June 11, 2010

Hopeful

There's a chance I could get a part-time, temporary data entry position at the hospital that at least for awhile would put me full time between the two. It would be working in the late afternoons/evenings for four hours a day. Our director of nursing sent me an e-mail about it, wondering if I would be interested. She and my boss thought it would be a good fit for me. I went ahead and talked to the director of that department today. There are other applicants, of course, so there's no guarantee that I'll get it. But it would fit in with my schedule and I already have a work station; they wouldn't have to find room somewhere. I could get back on the evening combined Woodhill-Richmond Road bus, because it goes behind the hospital. They're thinking it will last at least for six months, maybe a year. It could actually turn into a permanent position, but it's meant to be a stop-gap measure until a computer module can collect and send the data where it needs to go.

If I get it, I could probably continue to work at the store on Saturdays, if that's alright with them, and then increase my hours back after this job ends. I'd be working about the same number of hours per week that I am now, but I suspect I'd be paid more at the data entry job than I am at the store, so it would mean a little more money coming in. The only con is that I wouldn't be able to see my friends except on Sundays. I might be able to go four days a week with the library position so I have some time for doctor's appointments, laundry, that sort of thing. We'll see.

Please wish me luck.

No comments: