Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, June 12, 2010

So I rarely drink

but I had some Camelot mead on hand and decided it would make a good libation tonight, as it is honey wine and honey is one of the things I sacrifice regularly. Burgundy is my normal libation of choice, but I don't have any and haven't managed to get any the last couple of days. So, I put some of the mead in the offering cup with some lavender petals and poured that out on the ground. Before I put the mead in the refrigerator--always do that: mead attracts insects because it is so sweet, I poured a very small amount in a cup and sampled it myself. It's very good--not horribly sweet, but you can tell it's made from honey. The small amount was 1) because I don't want to affect my blood sugar much, 2) I usually don't care for alcohol and was just trying this and 3) it doesn't take much to affect me. I once got fairly drunk on a half glass of white wine with dinner. So, it's best for me to drink in moderation.

No comments: