Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Yay! I'm up to a peanut butter sandwich

(creamy, not crunchy)

Still a little swollen and I can't open my mouth all the way, so flat or small food is best, but yesterday I had fish and chips without any trouble, either, although I almost forgot and used a straw on my milkshake. But a friend caught it in time, thankfully. Have you ever tried to eat a fairly runny shake with a spoon? It's not like a Wendy's frosty, that I can tell you. I'm surprised more didn't wind up on me than in me.

I had a dream this morning. I was working at the gas station (a different one in the dream; for one thing, it was bigger, and more of a Shell). I'd had to catch a ride from friends because my car was missing. Turned out this hippie guy with bad dreadlocks (Caucasians really shouldn't try. At all.) comes in driving my car, which is a red Chevette (my current and past two cars were red...the Chevette was my first car). The paperwork I had to do for my job was different than what I do now (yes, even I, a lowly gas station clerk, have paperwork to do before and after my shift on the register). The guy who'd stolen my car had done so with some CDs that were CD-ROMs that gave access to the car by playing them in the CD changer on the Chevette. I took the CDs out of the car as he was in paying for gas with a pot full of change. When he tried to start it up, I confronted him and explained that if he ever came near my car again, I'd have him up on charges of grand theft auto. He was one of those people who mistakenly decide that peace and harmony means no rules. You know, the type that doesn't want to oppress a dog by having it on a leash and then get upset when the dog runs into traffic and is hit by a car. I'm sure you've met the type. So, he was pulling this, 'hey man, no one owns this car, it's there for everyone'. Obviously that didn't wash with me. That's where it ended. Dream interpretation, anyone? I have my own ideas but I'm curious as to what you think.

No comments: