Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Well, this is it

In about 45 minutes I leave for the hospital and my surgery. I've made out a holographic will and executed another living will (because I couldn't find my copy). I have my organ donation covered. If that sounds morbid, it's not that I really think I'm going to die...it's just there's a chance, although I have more chance of dying in the car on the way, really. :) I just wanted everything covered. Besides, it's like buying flight insurance. Nothing will go wrong, then, right?

I'm not as nervous as I was. I had a relaxing evening with a friend and had a chance to just calm down and rest, and I've carried that sense of peace with me. I am a little nervous, I have to admit, but it isn't as bad as it was. I think my antianxiety medicine helped a lot, too. :)

I'm going to spend the rest of the time waiting for my ride in my comfy chair (sans Spanish Inquisition) with the massaging cushion. The worst thing is I'm hungry, and can't eat. Nor am I sure I'll want to after the surgery, but I have some soft foods on hand for that like pudding, applesauce, potatoes, and baby food. Thanks to D, some of that came from a care package she brought. She's my ride, too. I really appreciate that she's using her day off to help me. Thanks, D.

Hopefully I'll write later, although it may not be today, since I'll be doped up and sleepy. Bye.

No comments: