Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, May 06, 2004

Oh, by the way

Dwana finished her last final!

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S ! ! ! Wana-D!

That means that all that's left is to graduate. It also means she can watch the last 'Friends' tomorrow rather than working on that last assignment. She called earlier and asked me to come along to babysit the car while she turned the paper in (no sense getting towed last thing). Bless her heart, she called me during a nap and I was a little groggy. She seems to have a talent for calling whenever I'm asleep, but then I have a talent for calling people during sex, so I think it's better when she calls. She also bought me dinner. That's the second free meal today; I ate at Blimpie's earlier since I was shuttling someone around on errands. That's probably good, because when I go into move mode I forget to eat entirely. Tomorrow Dwana's stuck in a conference all day, but as a result, she's off on Friday and it looks like she'll be able to help me and I can take her a few places since she's letting a friend borrow her car while his is being worked on.

Ah, thank goodness for a great support system; it works like eddying currents, coming together in confluence, but it slowly gets you down the stream. :)

No comments: