Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, May 12, 2004

Yawn...Must. Keep. Going.

Moving is stressful, tiring, and exciting all at once. Yesterday we got three loads over to the new place, which wasn't bad since I didn't get the key till about three. My poor dog, who had been over at my friends' place but I'd brought her over the night before nearly had a breakdown when we took away the couch. She watched us carry it up the hill, and barked, like she was screaming 'my couch! my couch!' She's back at the friends' house, because I'd hate to see how she'd handle it when we take the bed apart.

The new neighbours seem nice. One apologised for not being able to move his truck; he'd been doing some work on it and hadn't quite gotten it to start.

I just want to thank those of you helping; you know who you are, especially my 'packer by candlelight' and Dwana and Eric. Dwana's stepfather is going to help this afternoon, and my mom and another friend are joining us tomorrow. I'm taking off tomorrow and Friday to get it all done. I will be soooo glad when it's finished.

I have a new phone number, but I'm not sure when the Internet service will transfer over, so my apologies if I have any lag time in blogging. Hopefully soon order will be restored. Well, I should probably say order shall reign; it wasn't really there to begin with. :)

No comments: