Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, May 03, 2004

Hah

Time for Monday Madness:

1. Do you collect anything? Okay, those out there who know me, don't laugh. You'd say I hoard all sorts of useless stuff, and although that's true, there are a few things I intentionally collect. Here are some: carved wooden boxes, stuffed animals, coins, books, cards, and comics.
2. How many items do you have in your collection? I have about six boxes, 20 stuffed animals, about 40 coins of various places, 3500 books, about 350 comics, who knows how many Magic: the Gathering, Cthulhu Mythos, X-Files, and other collectible cards I have. (Can you tell I worked in a comic store for awhile?)
3. What is the most unusual piece in your collection? A box shaped like a book with bone inlay, a roaring stuffed dragon, a Vietnamese wavy-edged 10-dong piece, a fold-out accordion-style book showing a complete genealogy of the Greek Gods, X-Files 1/2, and a complete X-Files trading card set. The last two, along with the game cards and my Star Trek commemorative coins (solid silver and about the size of my palm), are probably going to go to E-bay this week. The other stuff isn't valuable; I just like them.
and one more for good measure...
4. Is there anything you don't collect that you would like to collect?
When I was a kid I collected stamps and rocks, and I'd like to do that again. If I ever have a house of my own, I'd like to collect various forms of ivy, scented geraniums, and orchids.

No comments: