Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, May 01, 2003

Wow it's been a busy day! I--




  • Went in to work into work early to make up time because Cerys had a 09:45 vet appointment. Tried out my new debit card (it had to be activated in an ATM) only to be told the PIN was invalid. I'm sure that's the number I read. I try two more times. Fortunately that machine only reads the card so there's no capture.
  • Left work for said appointment
  • Took Cerys across the street to Dr Remmele, who was running a special 50% on annual vaccinations for today only
  • Got said vaccinations for only $29. Also had her tested for heartworm, screened for parasites, got a year's worth of heartworm medicine, and had her nails clipped. Total spent $126. Not bad since over half was the heartworm meds. She was a trooper, although they quicked her twice during the trim (her nails are black and hard to do, which is why I hadn't done them in awhile). They at least had two people doing the job!
  • Dropped Cerys back at home and checked the PIN notice again. Realised I'd read the wrong set of numbers (the last four digits in the card number!) Oops.
  • Dropped by the ATM by Walgreens and tried again. This time I typed in the right number. Then the freaking machine kept my card because it remembered the attempts earlier. Grrrrrr....
  • Went back to work. Called the credit union and asked how to get my card back. Was told that since it wasn't one of their machines (gee, the closest is two miles away!) it could take up to two weeks. Mucho grrrrrr....Never tell someone who's premenstrual this. I'm afraid I swore at the nice lady.
  • Was cheered up by a joke Dwana sent me. Investigated switching banks. Decided it was probably too much trouble for now and will wait to see if I still feel the same after I calm down.
  • Went to the Office Depot vendor fair at work to get free goodies. It put me in a better mood. Believe it or not I was working in amidst all this, it just doesn't sound like it.
  • Dwana took me to the credit union to get money from them since they were otherwise thwarting me. We stopped at Qdoba where I got a naked vegetarian burrito with fajita vegetables and black beans, no cheese or sour cream. I did get a Stewart's Diet Root Beer, though. That was pushing the purifying diet a little but considering I'm giving up wheat, eggs, milk, and fish, but hadn't included aspartame, I think it's okay. But I am limiting it to 2 drinks a day. Sounds like it should be alcohol, hmm?
  • Worked. I can't for the life of me remember what on now.
  • Put in an order for some medicine at Walgreens.
  • Caught a bus out to Kroger. Well, actually the plan was to go to Jozo's Bayou Gumbo, which is no longer there. :( I went into Collectibles, a comic store owned by a guy I know. Gee, I am so out of the loop! To think I helped manage a comic store! It was weird. I left when the kids overran the place. Then I went on to the grocery. Turns out my timing was perfect. A huge thunderstorm came up while I was inside but was over before I came out. So I didn't get wet. :)
  • Got home with the groceries, took Cerys out, and talked to my neighbours Nathan and Alexis about pets and gardening. They gave me some cat food (their cat is now on a special diet), and there was much kitty rejoicing (my cats hated the stuff I brought from the co-op).
  • Answered a reference question (you too can train to become everyone's very own personal librarian!) regarding English peerage rankings.
  • Finally sat down to eat dinner and blog. Do vegetarian refried beans and tortilla chips count as dinner? I was too tired to fix much else. Whew!


45 minutes till Friday!!! And tomorrow is jeans day at work! Yea!!!

No comments: