Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, May 16, 2003

Oops, I did it again...



Last night I laid down around 7:30, ostensibly for an hour (I wanted to see the CSI season finale), and went into hibernation mode again. Which is okay, I guess. I've spent a lot of time away from home lately, and I usually try to alternate a day out, a day in. So, I really think I needed it. I woke up briefly during the eclipse but didn't have the sense to go outside and see if the sky was clear enough to watch it, then slipped right back into dreamland. So now I'm up earlier than usual, doing a load of laundry so I have something to wear today at work, and contemplating breakfast (especially with that Friday Five :). When I went out at 7 there was an eerie fog everywhere; geese flew by and it took me awhile to place where they were, exactly. It reminded me of that summer years ago when I camped out at Pennsic War in the SCA. Funny how when you're out in tents it's ever so much easier to wake up with the sun, and the cookfires and the fact we were down in a valley made just that sort of magical fog.

Everything has that brand-new washed look to it outside. Yesterday we got some very strong storms through, with hail and a lot of lightning. It's as if the birds are more lively, and everything's just bursting. My roses look absolutely beautiful, and everything's coming up well. The hospital's lawn looks lush, which is good, because its annual open house is coming up this weekend. Hope it doesn't rain for them--there's a craft fair, book sale, etc., too. I'm not going (it's Cthulhu Sunday, and large crowds push the envelope of my anxiety issues), but there's usually nearly 2000 people there! I am tempted to stop by the craft fair, but I don't have any extra money at the moment, so why rub it in? :) Okay, time to get something to eat and then check the dryer. Have a good weekend.

No comments: