Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, February 19, 2018

Today was technically a holiday for work

but a couple of us came in and worked on the various queues to try to get them under control.  My boss brought her boxer, who is white with speckles and a brown spot around the left eye.  She's adorable.  We played a little, and after she got home, she sent us a text of her dog totally sacked out on the couch.  It was a nice, easy day.  We got to park behind the building, rather than over by the stadium, so there was no shuttling in.  I got home within 20 minutes of leaving work, and that included a detour, as the last road before mine was totally closed due to some sort of road work and I took a side road I'd never been down in the hopes that it would take me to the road that is parallel to ours, which it did.  It's beautiful outside, partly sunny and 72 degrees at the moment (and it was warmer earlier, I suspect).  There's a pleasant breeze.  Tomorrow it's supposed to be similar and 80 degrees--here, at the end of February.  It's not unheard of.  Years ago, in the 1980s, I remember living in an apartment where you couldn't control the temperature--the air conditioning ran in the summer; the heater in the winter, and we had temperatures in the 80s in February and were so hot that we had to open the windows.

Anyway, after the drive home, I came in, let the dogs out, found YKWIA stirring from a nap, which he promptly went back to, so I left him to it.  He's been studying very hard as of late and probably needed it.  I went ahead and prepared a medium-sized basic white loaf of bread and started the bread machine going.  One of my co-workers who wasn't there today was at the grocery and told me she'd like to get me some flour so I'd make her bread.  I told her the type to get, and she sent me a picture of it just to be sure.  So I'll make some for her tomorrow.

All in all, it's been a pleasant day.  It's a little while before time to feed the animals, although the cat does not believe that.  He's sitting here staring and meowing at me.  The bread will be ready about 7:45, probably, and the animals get fed around 7 pm.  I think I may take a nap myself since I've got an hour to rest.  Hope you had a good day, too.

No comments: