Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, February 09, 2018

Well, it's a start

I got three chapters read before YKWIA woke up and started dinner, and he needed my help with the onions (he's very sensitive to them and his eyes water terribly when he cuts up onions or shallots).  Then I fed the animals.  Now the fish will take about 30 minutes and the bread should be done just ahead of that.  We have some salad in the refrigerator (bleu cheese, shallots, Belgian endive, walnuts, with walnut oil, red wine vinegar, and mustard for the dressing).

I love that I can finally get onto the Internet without using my phone.  That means I can actually stream something if I want, like music or video.  Also, YKWIA doesn't know it yet, but I've had my TV in the trunk of the car for a few days, awaiting the return of WiFi.  I'll have to unload it tomorrow, but I'm hoping he doesn't mind it being in there.  The question is where to put it out of the way of my stuff and his books, but I think I have a place.  I have a little cherry end table I can put it on temporarily.  I also found my DVD player the other day while digging for the AC adapter for the router.  And the TV antenna's in the trunk as well, along with the remotes for both TV and DVD player.

No comments: