Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, August 04, 2014

It is nice to be home

    Saturday I:
  • Took one friend to get his hair cut
  • Took my friends' bill over to the company, which apparently many people decided to do at the same time; thankfully they opened a 'payments only' window, so I lucked out
  • Took another friend to an appointment
  • Went to pick up food for all of us at a time when Long John Silvers' was packed due to some sort of promotion
  • Took the one friend grocery shopping
  • Came home and slept for a bit, then got up to do things and couldn't sleep or concentrate, so I listened to music and tossed and turned in bed
    Sunday I:
  • Got up very early in the morning to work on the game notes
  • Cleaned my friends' house (with some help)
  • Did four super-large loads of laundry
  • Went to get some food from the the grocery for me and for having at the game
  • Gamed for about six hours
  • Had A help me get things to the car, but had to wrangle a purse, laptop bag, two grocery bags of food, two carts and a bag containing the laundry from the car to the apartment with some difficulty
  • Put a couple of pillowcases and a couple of blankets on the bed but didn't really make it, got into my sleep shirt, took my meds, and went to bed
So now I'm home, I've eaten, and I need to:
  • Work on a couple of job applications/cover letters
  • Work out the finances for the month
  • Maybe get started early on the notes
  • Relax a bit
I'm going to start with the last bit, even though I might just fall asleep and waste my evening. I hope not. But I am really needing some quiet time with my feet up, although in general my knee is now doing better than when it was injured, as long as I don't overdo it. So rest and relaxation is actually the most important thing on the list. I do need to get one of the cover letters in by Friday, but otherwise things can be put off a couple of days.

No comments: