Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, August 18, 2014

Creepy

Last night I had a surprise. Four days after my period ended, I started back. This is the second time this year that I've had that sort of thing happen (last time was two days on, two days off, two days on, whereas this was four on, four off, then starting back again). I've also gone 35 days without one, am sometimes very hot, especially at night even with a fan, and have some other symptoms of perimenopause (that period leading up to menopause, which is technically only accomplished after an entire 12 months without a period). In frustration, I turned to Twitter, writing:
Anyone have good tips for dealing with #perimenopause? Looks like at 47 it is my time to start going through the 'change of life'.
Now I got a response from someone through Twitter, which I expected. What I didn't expect was to get a robocall on my unlisted cell phone today on menopause. As far as I know, my cell phone is not associated with me publically online. Even my online résumé only has my e-mail. But that's what happened. I didn't recognise the number (it just said unknown wireless caller), so I rejected the call, but listened to a bit of the voicemail later. Granted, it could have been mere coincidence, but I find that unlikely. I may do a little digging and see if I can explain it. Just doing a Google search, I can't find a correlation between my name and number online, and when I look up the number that was displayed, it turns out to be a spoofed number. But it was definitely weird, and not a little creepy.

No comments: