Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, August 05, 2014

Despite the fact that the doctor was running an hour behind

and I had to get a friend to another appointment right after (we were about 15 minutes late for that), my followup to my surgery went really well. The tech took out the staples and put steri-strips on my incisions, which will just stay on until they come off. The surgeon was pleased with my recovery and told me to do some exercises with some ankle weights to strengthen the leg, but otherwise just come back if something else is needed. They gave me a CD with pictures of the surgery, and he showed me the difference between the shredded and cleaned up meniscus, as well as the smoothing he did on the femur head (I think that's the chondroplasty part). I am a little sore now simply because of taking the staples out and because I've been walking fairly fast (for me) and without a limp most of the day, so I took some acetaminophen and that's taken care of it. Even at the end of the day, normally, it already feels better than after the injury, and I'm having less pain walking and driving. It's not even hurting much getting out of the car, which was the worst part for the first few days. So all in all, I think things went pretty well.

No comments: