Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, August 23, 2014

Well, the jury's out for now

I watched the season 8 premiere of 'Doctor Who' tonight, and I'm not quite sure how I feel about Peter Capaldi's Doctor yet. I rather like the Scottish accent, but it does make it slightly more difficult to understand him, especially if he's speaking low and fast. I haven't really connected with him yet, and I've never really connected with Clara completely, either, so it was a little weird watching them on the screen. It's like I wasn't completely in the story, which is unusual for me with 'Doctor Who'. Afterwards we watched the premiere of 'Intruders', which was intriguing to the point of making me want to check out the book upon which it's based, by Michael Marshall Smith, for more information.

Today I spent the early part of the day getting some rest and relaxation, then I picked a friend up from a funeral and we went to the store for some groceries a little while after that. YKWIA and I watched a bit of 'Star Trek: Voyager' and some 'SeaQuest', a show that had slipped my mind entirely, but which I did enjoy. Then there were the BBCAmerica shows tonight. Now I'm home and it's storming again, with quite a bit of rain, which is nice, as August isn't normally quite so wet and yet we had a dry spell earlier in the summer, so the brown vegetation has greened up again.

Tomorrow there's no game, so I haven't done the game notes yet but will do them this week if at all possible rather than waiting till the last minute. There's a list of things for me to do tomorrow over at my friends' house, but I don't have to be over there quite so early, so I'm going to shoot for an hour or an hour-and-a-half later than my normal time. I have to remember to bring binder clips and a couple of books YKWIA wants to borrow, the ones by Ransom Riggs. I know where the second, Hollow City is. I'll have to glance on the shelves and figure out where Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children is. I think it's in the bedroom near the bed. One of these days I will have to really put the fiction books in order. I have the non-fiction mostly in order, but the literature isn't. One bookcase has quite a few of the children's and young adult books on it, but those aren't there. Bad librarian! If I had time, I'd classify it all as well. The non-fiction is by subject and the history is in chronological order, but that's as far as I've gotten so far. At least they're all up on shelves, though. :) Okay, I'm off to find that first book. Good night.

No comments: