Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

It's so quiet and peaceful

I'm up briefly, mainly because I fell asleep before taking my Lantus, so I got up to do that. I'm struck by how utterly quiet it is right now. Oh, I can barely hear the crickets and cicadas outside, but with the exception of the keys to the keyboard, there's nothing going on in here. Even the air conditioner is at a lull. I am not used to that absolute quiet, and perhaps I should embrace it more often, as it brings a feeling of peace and tranquility that is sometimes lacking.

As I look around, I've really messed the house up looking for that paperwork, so Wednesday will have to be devoted to getting everything back in place. Besides, I washed the bedclothes two weeks ago and I still haven't made the bed properly; I've been sleeping on a comfy, fluffy blanket. Tonight wasn't really a great one for straightening up; the opposite was happening. Tomorrow I have quite a bit to do in the evening. But Wednesday--I'll definitely have to get things in order so I can work on the notes. I like some order in my life when I work. For all that I struggle with my inherent messiness at home, my desk at work tends to stay very orderly.

I guess I'll head back to bed. Good night.

No comments: