Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, August 06, 2014

I consider any day

in which I wear a white skirt and white eyelet-lace jacket and don't get any of the following on either to be a good day:
  • any food at all, including the chilpotle black bean burger with all the trimmings this afternoon and the kung pao tofu sauce I had tonight
  • the gasoline I put in the car
  • the quart of oil I put in the car after checking it
Today after work I:
  • Returned two books to the library
  • Worked for two hours in the library tinkering with my résumé in preparation for a job application
  • Picked up food from Jin Jin for three of us
  • Watched a couple of new 'The Awesomes' episodes (a Hulu original series which is really great) with a friend--I think the second season may be even better than the first, at the rate they're going
  • Let him show me various other things online, including an episode of an (I kid you not) alien surfer chick series, 'Lightning Point', from Australia--yes, it's on Netflix
Now I'm home, and I really should work more on the cover letter, but I'm tired and ready for bed. I did check a few books out, including the one I was using as a guide to the résumé-building. I may look that over some once I go on into the bedroom. Okay, time for more ice water. I'm parched. Then it's time to take my contacts out and get into my sleep shirt. Good night.

No comments: