Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Sunday, June 01, 2014

Well, I must say

since going to the endocrinologist I have faithfully taken all of my diabetes medicine on time, as scheduled, and have been watching what I eat better. In those few days--
  1. I have not had much of an appetite (one of the drugs shrinks the stomach so you don't eat as much)
  2. I haave not had any of the side effects from the one drug that they put me back on at a lower dose (and hopefully won't)
  3. My morning blood sugar values have dropped about 80-100 points
  4. I've lost about 8 lbs (in three days, probably some of that is water weight, as I go up and down within 10 lbs pretty easily. But this happened last last time I was on that oral medication it stayed off for quite some time). I need to lose 30 to increase my insulin sensitivity and maybe decrease the insulin I'm taking.
So I'm hopeful. So hopeful I'm going to put some clothes on and go for a walk. :) At work they're doing a thing this month where we track our steps on a calendar and work our way up to 10,000. Since I'm tracking my steps anyway, and my Sunday steps usually are not many, I thought I'd take a short walk today and then try to build up throughout the month.

No comments: