Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, June 05, 2014

I feel like Sleeping Beauty

except without the prince, the fairies, and I'm pretty sure she didn't wake up with her hair sticking up and feeling slightly hung over.

See, I went to bed very late last night. It was almost 2 am. I couldn't sleep after the storms and 'The 100'. Then I got a call from an insomniac friend at 6 am asking if I could please fix his internet connexion, which had been down all night. So I did that (I just had to unplug and replug in the router). I went home and I tried to get a little more rest to no avail, and had just enough time to clean up in the sink without washing my hair. Now, I'm one of those people who simply must wash my hair every day, for it is fine and oily and it goes flat and awful when I leave it that long. I can't even wash it in the evening and have it look fine the whole next day. So I sort of fretted over my hair all day.

Despite the lack of sleep, work went well, and I was very busy. After work I paid my rent and signed my new lease. Then I came in and debated on going for a walk (I should have) before lying down for a half hour, thinking that it was early enough surely I wouldn't sleep the evening away. That was at 5:30. I got up at 10:45, so I got over five hours of sleep. Now I'm up for water and medicine. The way I feel, I think I'll be able to go back sleep some more.

So I feel like I wasted a perfectly good evening, but at least I got some rest. Tomorrow I'll be helping with some baking and a grocery run, so I'll need to be rested, and even though it's a slower clinic day on Fridays, it's my catch-up day for all sorts of things.

No comments: