Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

I went for a walk earlier

which is, of course, healthy and I'm glad I did, but it really kicked my butt and I wound up coming home, hydrating a bit, turning the fan on, and plopping onto the bed for 'a few minutes', and then fell asleep from about for four hours, which probably defeated the purpose of going in the first place.

Getting up, I took my nightly medicine (so glad my phone reminds me now with a little sound that is like a shaking pill bottle), made a salad to bring to work tomorrow, changed purses, and then sat down and put my pills into my container for the next week and figured out what needs to be refilled Thursday. Then I suddenly remembered my phone bill was due today. Now, unlike some bills, I have until midnight to pay on time, but it was almost midnight. I signed in online and there was a problem accessing the website. It signed me in, but kept saying there was a problem and to hit the back button, but that only gave a 'loading page' error. So I tried the backup of using my handset to pay, using the application for my carrier, and that was going great until I got to the expiration date for the credit card and the drop down box sat there and laughed at me and did absolutely nothing except get larger. No drop down, no keyboard coming up to type anything up, just bigger. So I went back and tried the website again and then, no doubt since it was after midnight, everything was working again. Grrrr.... Oh well, at least it's paid, even if it looks like it's a day late rather than mere minutes. It's my fault for not doing it before I laid down, but I really didn't expect to actually fall asleep, as I didn't feel tired so much as needing to cool down and chill for a few minutes. [Postscript: If you've read this blog for any length of time, you know this last statement is ludicrous. I was obviously lying to myself, as any time I go horizontal I pretty much fall asleep. So let me retract that. Apparently when the endorphins gave out, I crashed, even though I didn't 'feel tired' prior to that. I should have given a bit of thought to that before I wrote. Sorry about that.]

No comments: