Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, June 26, 2014

Put that on my to-do list

I woke up a little while ago and looked to see if my pay had hit my account and found that it was quite a bit less than I expected. Now, last pay day there was an error in calculating my personal time off (I have two jobs at one place, with two pay grades--I don't know how this doesn't happen more) and I got paid about $60 too much. Having been the honest type who brought it to their attention, I expected my cheque to be less by more or less the same amount, although I knew the taxes would affect it somewhat. Now I find that instead I'm about $175 less than normal. So somehow I lost $115 in all of this. I know I'm not the best at math, but I don't think it should be that much. I'm thinking that the PTO I should have had this time didn't get put in, as the amount would be about right. So tomorrow it's definitely on my to-do list to investigate. Unfortunately, my pay statement isn't available online yet, so I can't figure it out now, and my print statement doesn't have the complete breakdown, so what I get tomorrow won't help. I'll just have to wait until it's updated online, which should be some time tomorrow. But in the end this puts me in a bind, meaning my rent will have to be a few days late to pay other bills, which means I'll have to pay additional fees and overall I'll be at a deficit for July, which is when I also have a quarterly payment that's due. Not happy. :( I guess honesty sometimes bites you in the foot.

If it's a case of my PTO not being put in for this pay period, I'll just leave it as is and take the PTO later. I'm pretty low on it right now, since I don't really use it for vacations but rather in little increments for appointments. But if it's another error, then hopefully we can get it fixed.

No comments: