Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, March 16, 2012

Sorry I didn't post last night

Yesterday was a library day. I catalogued at my library, then went over to the Eagle Creek branch and picked up two DVDs that were part of what I checked out but had somehow become separated. The staff had called me the day before to alert me, which was nice. I thought I had somehow missed volume one and two on the shelf.

I downloaded an update for something on my tablet via Wifi and then went home. Then I had the bright idea to download the Overdrive application for audio- and e-books. That went fine, but then I found out our audiobooks are actually done through OneClickDigital now. So I went through the directions to download an audiobook. I managed to check one out, but I couldn't get it to play in the computer or transfer to a device, so I canceled the checkout. I suspect it works fine with Apple devices, as iTunes kept coming up in the background and freezing things up until I changed the settings. Of course, I spent more than an hour doing this, so I was frustrated and grumpy when I went to bed. If anyone knows how to do this for Android, let me know. The directions from the company were not particularly helpful, and unlike Overdrive's old setup, I didn't see a list of compatible or incompatible devices.

1 comment:

Carole said...

Nice blog. As a librarian you might be interested in the word play involved in cryptic crosswords. I am doing a series of posts on solving cryptic clues. This was the first one I did. http://caroleschatter.blogspot.co.nz/2012/01/cryptic-crosswords-solving-hints-1.html Hope you enjoy.