Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, March 07, 2012

I seem to be the only one in my apartment complex who's up

Good morning. Well, I got up at 5:30 rather than 5, so that's cutting it close, but I decided to go ahead and do the blacks and the whites in my laundry, for three loads total. (2 1/2 really--I have very few whites).

Because I didn't have my Lantus night before last, my blood sugar was bad all through the day. But at night, five or more hours after I ate, it was 402 right before I went to bed. which I can handle because I'm used to being somewhat high, but that's even bad for me. It's 308 now, still terribly high, but better than it was. I still feel a bit groggy and I've drunk loads of water and diet soda [although mostly water] over the last 24 hours, I've been so thirsty. I've taken my Novolog and am eating a light breakfast (just some crackers), so hopefully it will go down more and I can get back on track. As busy as the weekend was, I wasn't very good at keeping my blood sugar down, not so much in what I ate but remembering to take enough insulin. So it's still up from that as well. It's a little hard to find a happy medium between eating and medicine sometimes. I still struggle with that, even though I've been on insulin for a year. I see the doctor on Monday. I really think that going back on metformin would help me. I suggested it last time, but one of the other medicines could counteract some high glucose levels, so he wanted to give that a chance first. I don't think it's helping in that regard. I'm on another medicine I've been on for years that raises blood sugar, but it's done so well in its main use that he decided not to take me off of it.

Now that I'm doing referrals at work in addition to my data entry and the library, my days are really flying by. I'm very busy at work, and I think I'm starting to get into more of a normal schedule. Granted I went to bed at 10 pm last night, but that's better than the 8-9 range, and I did that knowing I'd be getting up early. I got a lot done last night and hope to spend a couple of hours a night doing that sort of thing; tonight I think I'll tackle the kitchen, then tomorrow the bath. It's so nice to get home while it's still light, and next week there will be even more thanks to daylight savings time.

I just took a break from this to go put my clothes in the dryer. It's going to be very close in terms of time before I have to go to work. The whites will dry quickly; they were a small load, but the blacks are heavier and full ones. People are starting to stir, and a couple were out the door and ready to face their day. The birds are singing and the sun's glow is peeking up in the east. We're supposed to have a wonderful day weather-wise, in the 60s and just a bit windy, but sunny. Tomorrow I think the rain comes back. I just hope there's no severe weather.

I'm going to try to do some more cataloguing today. I haven't in a couple of weeks because I've been busy with other things. I also need to distribute a needs assessment to the various departments. And there's some interlibrary loans I'm waiting on.

I think for now, I'll go ahead and take a shower and get ready so that when I pull the clothes out, I can just take them back to the apartment, change and go. Hope you have a wonderful day.

No comments: