Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Happy Sunday morning!

On a typical Sunday, I'm up at 4:45 am, leave the house about 5:20, catch the bus at 5:45, transfer at 6:20, go to Kroger for game snacks about 6:25, catch the next bus about 7:25 (they run hourly on Sundays), and reach my destination about 7:40. Then I clean house until about 1 pm. Then Brenda gets there about 3. Every two weeks we go to Kroger for about an hour for a big grocery run. Then we play Call of Cthulhu an average of five to six hours, and I get home somewhere between 8:30 and midnight. This may explain why I rarely blog on Sundays.

But today the game was called off due to an early Christmas celebration and I have the day to myself. So I slept in to my normal wake time, which is around 8:30--this despite being up till 1:30 on the phone with a friend. (And I woke up again at 4 am. I think I have trained my bladder to wake me up about 3:15-4 am so I can check out Amazon's 'free app of the day' (Today's is List Master Pro). I have already begun the caffeination--via Diet Sunkist--and have had breakfast. Yesterday's aches seem to be gone, despite rain coming into the forecast possibly today. Here's what I plan to do today:

  1. Laundry
  2. Clean bedroom
  3. Take out trash and recyclables
  4. Put kitchen cabinets in order
  5. Dust

About the only thing I did for the house yesterday was water the plants. If there's time after all that I plan on getting caught up on some recorded television or watch the movie I have from Netflix, Forrest Gump (I've never seen it, but I hear it's rather long, so we'll see if I'm up to it later). I've already talked with a friend on the phone, too.

But first, I'm going to check the news. I'll probably write later, if only to say, yes, I did all this and I'm exhausted or gee, I blew off everything and enjoyed my Sunday. :)

No comments: