Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Sunday, November 20, 2011

In the last two hours

I have taken the mattress and box springs off the bed, discovered scary dust bunnies, some papers, holiday lights, facial tissue, and even some dog food (I haven't had a dog in years). I took care of that, flipped the mattress (or as much as you can when you have a pillow-top mattress), gathered up the laundry, and then starting putting all the junk that escaped the closet, came from other parts of the apartment, or came out of the drawers (most were in those reusable grocery bags) onto the bed. The laundry is ready to go, although I think I have more loads than I do quarters, but I'll do what I can. I also vacuumed. Now the trick is to start finding places for things/throwing things away. The clean laundry will go into most of the drawers, so this will be a challenge. :)

But for now, I must take a break. A peanut butter and spreadable fruit sandwich and some more caffeine, and maybe a little playing on the computer. If I sit down and watch a programme, though, I'll run out of steam and considering I can't go to sleep tonight without clearing off the bed, I don't want to do that.

No comments: