Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, September 08, 2011

Waiting for a ride

to the bank and then to work today. It's still gloomy, cool, and rainy outside, as it has been for days. We needed the rain, and it's a relief considering we had heat indices in the triple digits this weekend, but my, I'm sick of the rain.

I'm listening to 'Distant Early Warning' by Rush, off my favourite of their albums, Grace Under Pressure.

Tonight I'll need to work on the house a little and then maybe get an early start on the game notes.

Yesterday I did something uncharacteristic, something I've done only a few times before. I bought a lottery ticket. I had an overwhelming desire to help a couple of families I know going through very hard times, and I wanted to be able to help them as much as possible. Guess my intentions were good, but the ticket was a bust. Still, it's chasing a dream, and as long as you don't do it overly often, I guess it's not a bad thing. But it was fun while the dream lasted.

No comments: