Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, September 22, 2011

If I had no better use for $145

[which, in all honesty, I can't spare no matter how much I'd like this], I would get this.

M*A*S*H--Martinis and Medicine collection [Complete 11 seasons plus the original Robert Altman film]

In the meantime, I've put the last 2-hour episode, 'Goodbye, Farewell, and Amen' into my Netflix queue. The other DVDs are also available. It's not something I'd watch over and over, but when I was a child, I really latched onto M*A*S*H, growing up in the service at the time, with a father who'd been stuck in Southeast Asia for much of the first six years of my life. I even re-enacted an adapted episode for a monologue in junior high school, and I read the books by Richard Hooker from which the whole thing descended (and let me tell you, I was a little too young for them). j I even used to know all the words to the theme, 'Suicide is Painless'.

No comments: