Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, February 13, 2009

Yay!

I don't normally write about work much, but here's what I was reticent to write about earlier, now that the results are in. Joint Commission has been at the hospital for several days. (Joint Commission, or JCAHO as it used to be called (pronounced 'Jay-Co'), is the main accrediting organisation for hospitals. Its name makes medical people's blood run cold at the mere mention. Surveys by them are a big deal, and most people try to keep quietly in their cubicles away from the hallways. Okay, I exaggerate a little. But it is a big deal.) :) I had no doubt we'd do well; we educate our staff, we strive for best practices, have excellent ratings by families, and because we are small and so focussed in scope, do a wonderful job of working efficiently together compared to many hospitals. I really like my hospital and for the most part have enjoyed my experiences there (okay, there was the reduction in hours, but I'm mostly over that). Anyway, we passed with flying colours. Yay for us. I am a little disappointed they didn't come into the library, or at least not when I was there. Sometimes they ask questions like how prepared you are in case of Internet or utility loss to have backups for getting information, that sort of thing.

It turned out to be a nice Friday the 13th. I'm part of group meeting once a month for the hospital newsletter and we got a free lunch that was quite good, including vegetarian fare (pasta with artichoke hearts and olives, pimiento cheese on croissant, and tomato basil soup). There were two soups, one for everyone else and one made especially for me without chicken broth, because the woman putting on the lunch knew I didn't eat chicken. She even sent the rest home with me. It's quite good.

After work I ran some errands with a friend. I've been home awhile where I ate and rested a bit, but I've also been working on notes for the game. A got a ride home tonight so I didn't have to go out again.

Tomorrow I work at 2 pm till 10 pm so the plan is to get up early, work on garden plans (I need to have them ready for tomorrow night), and also notes. I hopefully won't be staying up all night tomorrow. I left it until last to do again despite having more time this week to do them. Sigh. I will get this down eventually.

Good night.

No comments: