Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, October 09, 2008

'Gentiles will eat anything', or so my friend, who is Jewish, tells me

But I had to draw the line at undercooked catfish today at lunch. I very indelicately spit out a piece into my napkin, I'm afraid. But they let me get some tuna salad instead, and alerted the servers. Serves me right for trying to eat something non-kosher--a bottom-feeder at that. Granted, I'm not Jewish, but I can't help thinking that they are on to something when it comes to unclean food. I don't really like catfish, shrimp, or pork (the latter not being an issue, since I'm a pescu-vegetarian). I have to admit, I'm convinced I was Jewish in a past life and seriously considered converting at some point (much easier for me, as a woman...no circumcision required). I even have a minor in Judaic Studies, so maybe that's all worn off on me.

But I am excited that tomorrow the cafeteria will be serving breakfast for lunch. My favourite! I like breakfast at odd times, like lunch and late at night. I'm rarely up early enough to actually make breakfast before work, and the cafeteria stops serving breakfast before I get there.

I am still craving tofu goodness from Great Wall. I couldn't make it in time before they closed tonight; maybe I can get it between jobs tomorrow, depending on how much money I have left over after my rent is paid.

No comments: