Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Sunday, October 26, 2008

I cashed in my points from my bank for a Barnes & Noble gift card

because I'm not particularly trustful of corporate America. You see, my bank is National City. But according to this news story: PNC to buy ailing National City for $5.58 billion, it's being acquired. So I don't know if the points programme will continue. It should, in theory, or at least accumulated points should be able to be used. But like I said, my faith in corporations is weak. Hence, cashing in a little over 5,000 of my points.

What will I get with the $10 card, you ask? H.P. Lovecraft: The Fiction, an unabridged and complete compilation of Lovecraft's stories in a hardcover tome with 1,120 pages. It's just been published, with an online price of $12.95, so I can get it for about $3 plus shipping and handling. Yay.

As you may recall, the last time I cashed in points, there were 40,000 of them and I got the $100 Amazon.com card that I used to buy my digital voice recorder (used mostly for the Cthulhu game) and a CD. I love getting free stuff. :)

Okay, that's enough blogging. I'm going to bed now. Ciao.

PS Did you know 'ciao' comes from 's-ciào vostro' or 's-ciào su', literally meaning 'I am your slave'? Maybe I should take that back, although of course it's an idiom not meant to be taken literally even in the full phrase. Just a bit of random knowledge for the day.

No comments: