Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

So I got some sleep

which was a happy thing, but I felt like crap this morning, hung over even (when really sucks when you didn't even get drunk, you know?) My blood sugar was 247 this morning before I even ate anything. After lunch, I felt very, very fatigued and foggy; I could barely focus on anything. I went ahead and tested and it was 300. It really felt like my brain was goo. Syrupy goo.

Lately I've managed to be in the 150s-170s on good days, up near 200 on bad ones. Sometimes I can blame diet as the culprit (although this afternoon for lunch I just had grilled cheese and tomato basil soup. Now granted, I had two grilled cheese. Maybe it was too much bread--it was one 15 g of carbohydrates more than I should have had, if I remember the dietician's recommendation correctly. But it's not like I was downing candy bars.) On the other hand I have eaten doughnuts at night and my blood sugar's quite good the next morning. I have found eating Margaret bread (the Amish friendship bread) late at night does elevate it, and come to think of it, I did have a piece last night, because I finished up the last one from the game while I was cleaning up. I think having just that hour of sleep and starting my period may have helped throw it out of whack, too. I think it's time to make an appointment with Dr Nesbitt--although I'm almost afraid to because I don't want to wind up on insulin. But there are a lot of different pills out these days; I hope one of them might help me with the diabetes.

Anyway, I felt crappy all day. Then I went into the gas station and did a lot of the grunt work (trash, cooler, cleaning, coffee, etc.) because we had a girl over from another store and I was more familiar with what needed to be done, so I left her on register and did a lot of running around and getting things done. That made me feel a little better (exercise helps bring the blood sugar down). I got off at 8 pm, too, so it's not like my night was shot like it is when I get off at 10. It was barely dark due to the Daylight Savings. :) That brought me up to feeling bad, rather than wretched.

Now I need to do some religious stuff (take a bath, go and pour a libation to Hekate, etc.) Then I hope I can get some more sleep. I still need to catch up.

No comments: