Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

I have a list of things to blog about

unfortunately, I don't have it here, but there's quite a bit of library-related stuff I've come across, so I'll try to get to them sometime this week.

My workweek continues to be pretty full. Tomorrow I work between the two jobs from 10-8, then Friday is 10-2:30 and 5-10, Saturday 12-10, Monday 10-8, and Wednesday 10-8. (Thursday and Tuesday are my normal 10-2:30 at the hospital). Whew! But the money's helpful.

Yesterday my boss at the hospital called me in to look over my performance appraisal. I got the maximum raise, 3.5%. The only thing I got downgraded on had to do with that verbal warning about the Internet policy when I apparently blogged something offensive at work. I really wish I knew what that was all about--the only thing I can think of is where I quoted someone else whose assertion I didn't even agree with. Oh, well. It just annoys me, because it's the section on integrity and ethics, which I've always scored really well on. I guess what matters is that I'm getting my raise.

Today's weather was really quite nice, although it got a little chilly this evening. But it really seemed like a sunny, spring day, and tomorrow is supposed to get into the 50s, and so be even better. I expect we'll have a lot of car washes tomorrow, along with huge amounts of Powerball tickets, since it's up to $120 million for tomorrow's draw. Monday's big seller was money orders, as most people had to get their rent in by the 5th.

Finally, I have to remember to change my clocks by setting them ahead at 2 am Sunday March 11th. Starting this year the change happens on the second Sunday in March, rather than the first one of April. I remember when it was at the end of April--it seems to creep up over the years.

Well, that's enough for now. I'll post real library stuff soon. In the meantime, not much is happening in my life and I thought I'd share what little there is with you all.

No comments: